Saturday, January 21, 2006

The reasons why I left DOST-ASTI

Mga Baho ng ASTI
- Most of the ASTI employees have MP3 repositories and one server is
even dedicated to server anime/cartoons where emplotees used to view
even during iffice hours
- Palakasan system and lack of support superiors to subordinates. Most
of the superiors are afraid the juniors so they tend to grab the
opportunities and even disallow the juniors to do what they want.
- Lack of proper human resources management. When you enter ASTI,
there is a 50% possiblity that you will end up working in your
non-field.
- Procurement/Bidding Lagayan. Some superior employees used to have
their own contact with bidders so they can commissions.
A couple of weeks ago, I applied for promotion for Senior SRS regular
position because Sir Josel told me to. Even if I know im already
frustrated in appying 5-times for any position, I still submitted my
application papers. There is really a very big hole in the promotion
system. The PSB is cricled with barkada bosses and they don't actually
base their decisions on the credentials of the applicatnt. "Palakasan"
at "sipsipan" is what really happens in ASTI. If you're not in good
terms with the rest of the promotion board (i.,e, di ka nila frend or
malayo ka sa loob nila), you're out. What's funny here is that those
people who are fond of watching animes, playing games during office
are those being promoted. And also the most morally degrading part is
that naibibigay sa mga bagong pasok yung promotion compared to people
who have been working for 2-3 years. So how could ASTI preserve its
employees if it doesn't value people who are hardworking and dedicated
to ASTI. I think, in my case, Im also a victim of school
discrimination. Since Im a graduate of a class D university, I find it
hard for me to be promoted. I also see my inassociation and lack of
bonding or "pagka-sipsip to bosses" as one of the factors. Sorry, I
still value my soul and rather do the right thing than associate with
them.
today is the ASTI days celebration of ASTI and Inauguration of Access
Grid. Palakasan talaga dito. Imagine, sa catering pala eh nag-aaway kc
kung sino may kakilala at malakas sa admin, sya ang nasusunod.
yung sa ASTI days naman, nagtataka ako di na sya tulad dati na kahit
small projects ay kasama sa exhibits. tapos wla na msyado activities.
para bang wlang budget na? eh, ang palagay ko eh tinitipid talaga ng
ASTI ang gastos dahil gusto nito makasiguro na palaging may MC ang mga
regulars at iba pang benefits. budgeting does not depend on the
projects. it depends on the decision of regualrs who want to thrift
everything for the sake of their monthly benefits.
today, i was so sad to know that no one cares for me in this
institute. eh kc lunch time (free kc asti days kuno), wla man lng
nang-invite sakin! ganun pala ha!
>>Read more
>>Here's another story about my complaints
>>Read this as I also became sad when I'm about to leave ASTI
>>My last day at the company as officially resigned employee
>>Farewell to ASTI!

1 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger dizzy said...

i am posting this comment with my username, and i second his emotion.
honestly, ASTI can be so much better, I also had my hopes and dreams to make it better. Pero bulok talaga ung sistema, at lalo pang lumalala and CANCER ng ASTI. At this point, I believe ASTI will die a natural death, just like any person with CANCER. pinagkaiba nga lang, ang taong may CANCER, nakakalbo dahil sa chemotherapy, sa ASTI, KALBO ANG SANHI NG CANCER!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home